Terms & Conditions
All orders are accepted subject to terms and conditions of hire stated here.
- A signed booking form and 25% deposit is required to secure any booking made. The outstanding balance must be paid in full 21 calendar days before your event. Oldtown Marquees reserve the right to charge a 10% fee of the total balance outstanding if payment is not made on the agreed payment date.
- Erection and dismantling will be carried out by Oldtown Marquees.
- The customer is advised to mark out the required position of the marquee with clearly visible markers to avoid errors in positioning. In the absence of markers or the hirer, Oldtown Marquees will be forced to make a decision as where to erect the equipment. Equipment may be re-sited but this will entail additional cost to the hirer.
- The hirer will be responsible for supervision of Oldtown Marquees equipment during the hire period.
- The hirer will be responsible for any loss or damage to Oldtown Marquees equipment during the hire period. The company will charge for any such loss or damage at replacement or repairable costs.
- Should the hirer wish to cancel after the order has been placed, Oldtown Marquees reserve the right to retain the deposit.
- Oldtown Marquees cannot confirm a booking until a signed booking form and deposit has been received. Once we issue your booking form we will reserve your date for 7 days, if signed booking form and deposit are not received within this timeframe we cannot guarantee availability.
- The hirer will be liable to pay the full hire cost if cancelled less than 14 days before the start of hire. More than 14 days one half of the total hire charge.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that users of the equipment exercise adequate care to avoid injury we would always recommend event organisers have their own insurance.
- Oldtown Marquees will not accept responsibility for injury caused through irresponsible behaviour.
- Heating and lighting must only be installed by Oldtown Marquees as a requirement of our insurance company.
- All equipment should be returned in a clean condition. Equipment returned in a dirty condition will be charged for.
- The hirer must satisfy himself that all goods have been delivered that were ordered, if not the case the hirer must notify the company prior to use.
- Preparing and making good surface, grass or gravel remains the responsibility of the hirer. Additional labour charges will be made if the company has to remove equipment, etc or wait while the ground is prepared to a suitable standard.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to inform Oldtown Marquees of the exact position of any underground services, we accept no responsibility whatsoever for damage to services whose location was either unknown or not informed of.
- While we do our utmost to erect marquees at an agreed time the company will not be held responsible for delays caused by adverse weather conditions e.g snow, storms, gale force winds and flooding.